From July 2009 until March 2012, Doug Pitts was part of the AREVA acquisition team of Ausra, a CLFR solar thermal technology company, whch became, in March 2010, AREVA Solar (http://www.Solar.Areva.com
). He took on the SVP Project Delivery role at the outset and became Chief Industrial Officer and a member of the executive committee in 2011. In those roles, he lead or participated in the sales tendering/capture teams and lead the project delivery activities for AREVA Solar's first projects:
- R&D and commercial prototype in California (completed 2010).
- 44 MWe solar booster for an existing coal-fired power plant in Queensland, Australia.
- 250 MWe stand alone solar power plant in Queensland, Australia.
- 250 MWe stand alone solar power plant in Rajhastan, India.
- 6 MWe solar booster for an existing coal-fired power plant in Tucson, Arizona.
He was also responsible for establishing the framework and organization for global material/equipment supply and manufacturing hubs in India and the US.
Prior to AREVA, Doug was:
- Founder and CEO of Pitts and Associates and AltTech when it was first formed in 2001.
- President of the Latin America Business Unit - managing activities in the energy, hydrocarbon, infrastructure, transportation, communications, advanced technology, environmental, and water/wastewater sectors - and Senior Vice President of Strategic Growth for the Parsons Corporation.
- Executive Vice President for Molten Metal Technology, an MIT environmental startup that went public and acheived $1 billion market cap.
- At Bechtel Group, Inc., he was in project management and business development in the hydrocarbon, pipeline, energy and natural resources sectors, and held executive management positions culminating in Group Vice President.
He also held operations, project and research positions with Asarco, Inc/Mt Isa Mines (Aus), a base metals mining and manufacturing concern; and Hazen Research, a chemical processing contract research company.
Doug holds a PE (BS + 1 year) degree in Chemical/Metallurgical Engineering from the Colorado School of Mines and an MBA from Golden Gate University. He participated in executive programs at Stanford and UC Berkeley Haas, technical programs in mineral process control at The University of Queensland Juliius Kruttschnitt School and the University of Minnesota Mineral Technology Center, and is a registered Professional Engineer and member of Tau Beta Pi.